Sunday 9 April 2017

The Majority Can. Be Fooled All Time And That's All That You Require.

An oft repeated saying is, You cannot fool all people all time, but I believe that majority of the people can be fooled all the time, because they lack critical thinking. Mark Twain has said the same thing splendidly in his novel "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court

Presently this thought occurred to me, how headless I have been! When the boy gets calm, he will wonder why a great magician like me should have begged a boy like him to help me get out of this place, he will put this and that together, and will see that I am a humbug.

I worried over that headless blunder for an hour, and called myself a great many hard names, meantime. But finally it occurred to me all of a sudden that these animals didn't reason; that they never put this and that together, that all their talk showed that they didn't know a discrepancy when they saw it. I was at rest, then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brickbats or Boquets I accept them all, vent it out here!

Me, Books, and an Audible Milestone

 I can confidently boast that I am more receptive to technology than most 50 year olds. Right from learning how to use the Internet, to writ...