Wednesday, 10 December 2014
Tuesday, 4 November 2014
Saturday, 18 October 2014
Wednesday, 8 October 2014
- Name alone does not make anyone good.
- Does not matter even if your name is Ravana, you have buckle up when the wife orders.
- Titles of many stories are misleading to attract more views.
Tuesday, 23 September 2014
Having BBC (Born, Brought Up and Corrupted) in Bangalore, here is my list
of 14 weird facts about Bangalore
1. BMTC buses go to places where Auto rickshaws refuse to go to.
2. Nobody knows how an average auto rickshaw driver makes his money.
3. You are supposed to know driving, only if you can break all the traffic
rules and drive. It’s your bad day if you get caught in Bangalore by a
4. You have a Mangalore Bajji, Mysore Bonda, Dharwad Peda but no cuisine
it seems has originated from Bangalore.
5. Number of potholes on a road is directly proportional to the rent
charged. More number of potholes on a road means more rent.
6. Security Deposit is collected by an owner only to meet his medium term
cash needs, at times it can be 10 or 15 or 20 months of monthly rent.
7. Schools even without a compound call themselves as an International
8. The average shopkeeper will park his wares on the footpath but won’t
allow you to park your vehicle in front of his shop.
9. The guys who named localities in Bangalore had a great sense of humour.
There are countless Bomasandras, two LB Sastry Nagars (separated by a few
kilometers distance) and two Kanamangalas (at extreme ends of Bangalore).
10. You have more bars than self service hotels; more self service hotels
than restaurants; more restaurants than play homes; more play homes than
playgrounds; less play grounds than temples; More temples than Government
Schools; Less Government schools than Beauty Parlours/Spas and More Beauty
Parlours than Parks.
11. One prominent corporate hospital is located next to a crematorium.
12. 90% of the greenery in Bangalore is found in Defence Controlled Areas.
13. You can’t find a locality in Bangalore which had a British name and
has not been renamed with an Indian name, yet referred to by its British
14. Most places with circles as their surname eg Mekhri Circle no longer
have a circle.
Monday, 22 September 2014
The title itself is absurd becaue I have a million things to do before I
die. I would love to kick a few on their faces before I die but I cannot
put down their names here. However, having taken up the challenge, here
are a few I would like to do before I die
I would love to have a bank balance in which the digit 9 is followed by
eight 9s. Once that is in place other things will fall in place. If I
write a blog then on this subject it will be truthful.
I would love to travel Europe extensively with a visit to the PG Wodehouse
museum. Witnessing the Northern Lights is one thing I would relish. I
would love to do Bungee Jumping but given the present state of my neck, it
would remain a dream for ever. How kind is life to remind us that even if
you have a 9 digit balance with all 9s in it, certain things cannot be
conquered. A couple of nights stay at the Al Burj, Dubai would be the best
consolation to not being able to do Bungee Jumping. I would love to watch
Sunrise from the first point on Earth. An evening at the Sydney Harbour
Bridge; a day at Disneyland, watch the Niagara Falls from both sides and a
dinner at the Gawalmandi Food Street, Lahore are also on the list.
One thing which annoys me most is Indian dishes made to suit Western taste
buds in star hotels. Imagine having a mutton curry without spice in it. To
retaliate I would love to own a restaurant in Europe where the best of
western dishes are served to suit the Indian taste buds.
Otherwise, I am a pretty contended man. The bank balance mentioned at the
beginning is to take care of those wishes which have not been penned here.
Friday, 19 September 2014
Being a foodie to list 10 favorite eating places is difficult because you
don’t know which to leave but at the same time having sold your culinary
buds totally to Indian Food, the list will more like a menu of a
multi-cuisine Indian restaurant. I have randomly listed the eateries I
like in and around Bangalore with a mention of what I liked in those
1. Bhagatram – Gulab Jamoon, Carrot Halwa and Chats. No where will you get
better Gulab Jamoons than here!
2. Taj Hotel, Shivajinagar – Mutton Biryani and most of the mutton items.
3. Nagarjuna, Residency Road – Full Meals and Chilli Chicken.
4. Nilgiris, Brigade Road – Cakes and Puffs.
5. Rice Bowl, Lavelle Road – Chinese Food (which is made only in India :D )
6. Anachi – Chettinad food items esp Crab preparations.
7. Anjappar – Chettinad food items and surprisingly Chicken Tikka.
8. Shilpa Vegetarian, Shivajinagar – North Indian Meals.
9. Vidayarthi Bhavan, Gandhi Bazar – Masala Dosa
10. Adyar Ananda Bhavan – Mini Tiffin (The cost is a steal!)
11. Ullas Refreshment, MG Road – Vegetable Cutlet.
12. Karthik Sweets, CMH Road – Chats.
13. Sreeraj Lasi Bar, Shivajinagar – Kulfis, Milk Shakes and Juices.
14 KC Das - Bengali Sweets.
15. Berry d’Alive, Indiranagar – Desserts.
16. Hotel Janardhana, Ramnagara (enroute to Mysore) – Heavenly Mysore Pak.
17. Rahams, Mosque Road – Mutton Biryani
18. Siddique Kabab Centre, St. Johns Road – Kababs, Kababs and more Kababs
19. Uphara Dharshini, DVG Road, NR Colony – Kadabu and Kesari Bath.
20. Vasudev Adigas (across Bangalore) – South Indian Vegetarian.
21. Barbeque Nation, Indiranagar 100 ft Road – Great Buffet and can hog
till you drop dead.
Here I should mention that Mutton Biryani in a Muslim Marriage is the
ultimate. The food variety in the yearly Ramzan Food Camp, Mosque Road is
out of earth. Food Street in VV Puram requires a special mention
All the above appear insignificant when compared to a simple Rice-Sambar
or for that matter any dish prepared at home.
Wednesday, 17 September 2014
just a random recollection of what happens in a typical Tamil Wedding and
no offences meant. Hope you enjoy the fun
#relatives #acceptpersonalinvites #only
#groomgets #onlycoatsuit #ofhislife
#redsofas #withrustedgoldenhandles #forthefamiliestosit
#tracing #humbleorgins #ofthefamilies
#respect #for #unknownstars
#groom #moretensed #thanyesterday
#bridecries #forltheasttime #in life
Thursday, 11 September 2014
Saturday, 23 August 2014
Atleast they reveal it
Simple living, high thinking
No thinking, only swiping
Now some people are eyeing a similar announcement for weddings ....
Me "Better, unlike yesterday , today there was a wooden plank to sit on the stove "
Sunday, 17 August 2014
Railways are pathetic and inhuman we howl
Fare increases and Government gets many a troll