Saturday 22 May 2021

The Unflinching Belief In Allopathy Is Part Of My Genes





For any ailment, my first instinct is to consult an allopathic doctor. During 2007, I had depression. Instead of turning to a witch doctor, or some naturopathy, I decided to visit a psychiatrist. He prescribed allopathic drugs to handle the initial situation and subsequently other methods. Other methods did not include the one that involves twisting your body in various angles. I could have messed up my life had I not thought from a scientific angle.

Recently, when I was affected with COVID, I got tested when the first symptom became too obvious to ignore. On being tested positive, I got myself treated through Allopathy. I just wondered why I never get influenced by any other system of medicine in any illness, and I traced it back to the influence of my Father.

He was not a highly educated person. But had a great mind to understand that only Allopathic medicine treatment is based on an examination, testing and researched medicines. When he had a partial paralysis, he trusted only Allopathy. When I had a severe problem with liver jaundice, he did not rely on native medicine but only on Allopathy, and for this, he sold whatever little assets he had. The same was the case when my eldest brother (late) had a kidney failure. He decided to go in for dialysis and understood by reading what a cadaver transplant was. He believed only Allopathy could cure. We would be taken to the corporation dispensary or to a private doctor even for common fever, but no other form of medicine was given.

I came to know about Ayurveda and Allopathy only after the age of 15. By that time, I had learned about X-rays, blood reports, surgery, great leaders of the World/India, systems of governance, fundamental rights, etc. Influenced by my Father, till she breathed her last, my mother too relied only on Allopathy.


I learned the importance of reading books from my Father. Similarly, the genuineness of Allopathy was drilled into my mind and heart by him. Thus, when I write `Allopathy is the only form of medicine that can be proved/disproved with facts, based on results of an experiment, and these results can be validated across the world', it is something that has been imbibed into me from the cradle you could say.




2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately these days statistics can and is being manipulated to cater to the interests of drug companies that fund these researches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That may be true but allopathy is the only form of medicine that is scientific.

      Delete

Brickbats or Boquets I accept them all, vent it out here!

Me, Books, and an Audible Milestone

 I can confidently boast that I am more receptive to technology than most 50 year olds. Right from learning how to use the Internet, to writ...