Wednesday 5 August 2015

A review about Anand Neelakantan's "Rise of Kali"

Just finished reading Anand Neelakantan's Rise of Kali. The story unfolds at a brisk pace and as always, the author has depicted the characters as greedy kings rather than as Gods. The conflict between Krishna and his son Samba (Jambavati's son) is gripping. The susceptible side of Krishna is well brought out. This book is a must read, if you want a different perspective on India's most famous epic.

Long after I've forgotten the contents of this book, this sentence will ring in my ears "Some gods do not need temples or priests. Just pray they will be born again among us, within us".

I give this book 4.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brickbats or Boquets I accept them all, vent it out here!

Me, Books, and an Audible Milestone

 I can confidently boast that I am more receptive to technology than most 50 year olds. Right from learning how to use the Internet, to writ...