Friday 13 June 2008

Is this a part of our mindset



I have been a victim many a times of reaching to a marriage reception on time and finding only marriage decorators for company. With passage of time, I have become wise and usually reach a marriage reception, a couple of hours late from the printed commencement time.

I have never been able to find a reason why a marriage reception never starts on time. If the hosts can’t start a marriage reception on time, why don’t they print it in the wedding card, like, say “Anytime after 8 pm on 20/06/2008”?

Why put a specific time and not follow it? How can a host be so insensitive to their guests? Do the hosts find it funny or stupid, if somebody turns up on time for a marriage reception? It is ridiculous to note that the hosts, who were busy with the reception till 12 am, get up at 4am to get ready for the muhurat.


I have never seen a muhurat which got delayed by a few hours. I think it is a part of our mindset wherein we fear unseen stars but don’t respect the time and commitments of our well known guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brickbats or Boquets I accept them all, vent it out here!

Me, Books, and an Audible Milestone

 I can confidently boast that I am more receptive to technology than most 50 year olds. Right from learning how to use the Internet, to writ...