Wednesday 22 August 2012

I Me and Myself Rave, Rant and Ruin Poetry



I, Me and Myself met up with poetry on mind.
I raves about poetry;
 Me rants about it
and Myself ruins poetry.
As usual our consciences ICON, MECON and MYSELFCON participated in the meet.

We met up in an Italian restaurant `Chianti’.
Myself `I think if you can read this menu with an Italian accent, that itself would be poetry’
MYSELFCON `AND IF YOU CAN APPRECIATE THIS FOOD, THAT WOULD BE A BIG MYSTERY’
Me giving Myself a dismissive look `what sense does poetry make? Why cannot it be expressed as a prose?’
I `Wordsworth once said poetry is spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings’
Myself starts giggling uncontrollably while I and Me gave him a stern look understanding what was on his mind.
MYSELFCON ` HIS SPONTANEOUS OVERFLOW CANNOT BE POETRY FOR FAMILY READING :P ‘
Me `how can you say that? A picture can say a thousand words’
I `How can picture express your feelings about a female’s attitude, for that you require poetry’
ICON `ESPECIALLY IF IT IS THROWING PLATES, GLASSES AT HIM OR AT TIMES HIS MATTRESS OUT OF THE HOUSE’
Me `ok, what makes poetry more superior to prose?’
I `Poetry has to be short and each word counts’
Me `that is the problem, how to express so much in a few words?’
MECON `UNLIKE PROSE WHERE THESAURUS COMES TO READY USE’
Myself `easy write a prose, chop a few words and rhyme it religiously, you have poetry’
I and Me sarcastically ask `give an example?’
Myself `where I dwel,l lots of mosquitoes
                We sleep without repellants
                We all got malarias :p’
ICON `AND I VOMITING LIKE THE GUTTERS’
I staring disgustingly at Myself, says to Me `do you want to be a poet?’
Me `yes, but how to become a professional poet?’
I `Robert Frost once said to be a poet is a condition not a profession, so if you are interested in writing poetry, condition yourself, why don’t you try free verse?’
ICON ` HOW MUCH MONEY ROBERT FROST HAD MADE BY THE TIME HE MADE THIS STATEMENT?’
Me `what’s that?’
I `free verse is a form of poetry that does not use consistent meter patterns, rhyme or any other musical pattern’
Myself `Very simple, you can put together a physics law, an economic principle, etc and call it free verse’
MYSELFCON `    JUST AS IN
EVERY ACTION HAS AN OPPOSITE AND EQUAL REACTION
                                BECAUSE WHEN YOU DO ONE THING, YOU GIVE UP THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO OTHER
                                AS A POSTULATE IS TO BE TAKEN WITHOUT PROOF’
               
Patience runs out for I and Me and they storm out of the meet, Myself follows them giggling and glad about the fact that neither Me got interested in poetry nor I could discuss any serious poetry.
ICON, MECON AND MYSELF INDULGE IN SOME POETRY OF THEIR OWN
POETRY IS JUST A STORY
TOLD WITH WORDS WHICH ARE FLOWERY
IF YOU ARE NOT A POET
YOU DON’T HAVE KEEP YOUR EMOTIONS QUIET
TO MAKE HER AGREE, IT’S NOT POETRY OR PROSE
WHAT MATTERS IS HOW ROMANTICALLY OR GRANDLY YOU PROPOSE.



               

2 comments:

Brickbats or Boquets I accept them all, vent it out here!

Me, Books, and an Audible Milestone

 I can confidently boast that I am more receptive to technology than most 50 year olds. Right from learning how to use the Internet, to writ...